Using Earn Mojo “as is” (without writing any code), you can set up your site/blog/podcast to reward people with points and badges for the following:
- Visiting your site (or using your product) for the first time
- Visiting a specific page on your site
- Visiting any page on your site on a specific date
- Visiting any page on your site on a specific day of the week
- Visiting your site (or using the product) on consecutive days
- Entering a secret code (can be used in a number of ways, e.g. for signing up for a newsletter, visiting a physical location, watching a video, picking up a business card, finding a sticker in a secret location, etc.
- Referring people to your site/product
- New: leveling up by earning a certain number of points
- Following your Twitter account
- Being followed by your Twitter account
- Using a specific Twitter Hashtag
- Being a member of a specific Twitter List
And coming soon, a whole slew of awards for Facebook. . . .
Using EarnMojo’s API, you can reward points for literally anything, but you’ll need to write some code to do so. Recently a company that does expense reporting software asked us how they could use our API. Here are some examples we thought up for them:
- Filling out your expense report early or on time
- Filling out N expense reports on time
- Saving the company X dollars by staying on (or under) expense budgets
Our API docs are currently private (read: under development) but you can sign your site up right now for free at EarnMojo.com and then just contact me or Mike if you want to use the API and we’re happy to help you get started.